Monday, March 26, 2012

Our Sweet Baby

Garrett and I have been blessed with a sweet baby that will be born between September 13th to 18th. One day Garrett and I decide to take a pregnancy test because I had been feeling different. The first pregnancy test I took only showed one line at first. Later a second faded line showed up. We had no idea what that meant. So to be more accurate we bought two more boxes of pregnancy tests to confirm if we for sure were pregnant.

 Afterwards Garrett told me that if we took another pregnancy test in 3 days and it still said pregnant then he would believe we were pregnant. He (along with me) were beyond excited but it still seemed to be to good to be true. Both of us, I believe, didn't truly believe we were pregnant until we went to our doctor and we saw our sweet baby's little heart moving. At that point Garrett and I couldn't restrain our excitement. 
It's official! We are pregnant! 

Here we were 8 weeks and 2 days, or so we thought. Apparently I was on medication that I thought only helped my face from breaking out, but instead it was making me more fertile at the same time. So truly going off of baby Speck's (yes, we call our baby, Speck because when we found out baby was just the size of a speck) measurements from this ultrasound and the ultrasound that we had at 6 weeks measured to be 5 days ahead. So in this picture our baby was really 9 weeks.
 During this whole time Garrett and I decided to keep our pregnancy a secret. We were going to wait to tell everyone until we were 14 weeks but Charity was supposed to have baby Michael at that time. Instead of stealing her thunder, we decided that we were to tell our friends and family of our exciting news on my birthday (so when I was at 11 weeks).
We ended up telling my parents by sending them a box filled with goodies! Here's my daddy with the box we sent. When they opened it, we were  Facetiming them so Garrett and I got the privilege of seeing their reactions. It was such a tender moment. It felt as if we were with them in person.
9 weeks
14 weeks
Garrett and I at the maternity store. Isn't he just the cutest pregnant boy ever?!
My sweet Garrett has been one hard working boy. I don't know how he does it but somehow he does. He is a full time student and now has two part time jobs. One at Jimmy John's as a delivery boy.
Here he is on his first day of work at Jimmy John's
He is the cutest delivery boy I've ever seen!
He also works at Melaleuca. There he gets to use his Spanish speaking skills by answering the phones and taking their orders. With all of his duties he still saves time to treat me like a queen and work out twice a day. Garrett is such a hardworking boy. I have been so blessed to have such a man.

Can you believe it?? Garrett and I are pregnant. We will be 16 weeks on the 29th of this month (March). My tummy is slowly growing, I can't wait to feel our baby's little movements. What a blessing it is to have a sweet little addition to our little family. 





1 comment:

  1. I hope you deliver on Landon's birthday- hope to see you both soon- much love from all of us

    ReplyDelete