Monday, July 23, 2012

Garrett's Busy Life!

Garrett has been one hard working boy...I just don't know how he has done it. Thinking about it makes me dizzy. Garrett started out being a full time student in January and applied to Jimmy John's and Melaleuca. He got the part time job as a delivery boy at Jimmy John's and got to work with his brother-in-law Ruffin. Then soon after he got the "hot shot" job at Melaleuca (answering phone calls in Spanish).
 Then in April--when we were in Oregon Garrett got a e-mail from the Stake Presidency for him and I to come in to talk with one of the counselors. This had to be post-poned a week because we were in Oregon. The whole time we tried thinking up a calling that would be possible. I thought Garrett would be called as the Elder's Quorum President. Garrett thought I would be called into something. Once we got back we went in and found that Garrett was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. (Our ward got split now we are in the 30th Married Student Ward in the 3rd Married Student Stake---Since we are in an unusual ward Garrett gets to remain an Elder since no one really in our ward is a high priest) So I won about Garrett getting a calling but never would I have thought of the Bishopric!! I am so proud of my sweet husband, he has done an amazing job! This calling has been a blessing in our lives. It has brought so many blessings and such a sweet spirit.

Garrett after being set apart as the 2nd Counselor

2nd Counselor in Bishopric--Garrett was given the best blessing and was spoken to in a way that helped me feel so much more strength in given up my time with him and with understanding

Garrett right before his first Bishopric Meeting :) Such a handsome man

So after being given this calling Garrett quit his job at Jimmy John's due to the hours. Also because it was racking up miles and spending more than usual on gas. He was getting paid minimum wage...so $7.25 plus tips but the tips went more towards gas so just minimum wage when we think of it. But what a blessing it was for the first couple of months. 
Soon after Garrett started working on fences with his other brother-in-law Carl. This job has been more flexible on hours which then have given him more hours.

Garrett has been a trooper, he has been a full time student, while working 2 jobs, while being the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. Recently though, Garrett was called to be the 1st counselor in the Bishopric. I love this man, he does such a good job at taking care of Baby Boy and I. I am just glad that he now gets a break form school for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment