Monday, July 23, 2012

Nield Family Reunion

The day after Garrett and my spring semester got out (July 19th--we don't start up again until January which is perfect for us to get time with our little guy) Spencer, Menolly and their kids came came out for our Pirate themed Family Reunion. How exciting and fun it has been. I first met Spencer a year ago at Garrett and my wedding, Menolly and the kids couldn't come out so instead I met Menolly over the phone. Garrett and I have faced timed them here and there but I have never met Connor, Hailey, Brady or Kyle during those face times. It feels good to have finally met them! Menolly is a sweetheart and the kids are so polite, happy and adorable!! 


Any who...after meeting them it then was time for Garrett to prepare mentally and physically for his first HALF MARATHON! Menolly is a major running and influenced this decision of Garrett's. The run was from Kelly Canyon to Ririe (13.1 miles). 
The night before Garrett and I celebrated getting out of school. We went to Olive Garden so Garrett could carb it up and so I could eat their house salads...I have been craving them like crazy...So I was very happy with this celebration. Then we went to Zurchers for pirate costumes, so after the run we could wear them for the family reunion. 


So the next day was Ririe Days, meaning the Half Marathon, 10k and 5k where happening. I desperately wanted to do something so I decided to walk the 5k, Garrett's dad was sweet enough to walk it with me. Since Garrett and I live in Rexburg, I woke up at 4:30am (so I could look somewhat decent) and Garrett woke up at 5am so we could be out of the house by 5:30am to make it in time to the race. 


Us before his Half Marathon and my 5k.


Garrett right after he crossed the finish line. 
He finished 13.1 miles in 2hrs 8 mins and 10 secs!! 
(I calculated it and that averages out to 9.79 minute miles)
What a STUD! 


He was sweaty but he was barely winded. 
He looked so happy and excited it was as if he was ready to run another 10 miles!


We thought this was pretty cool--
Garrett's sweat dried and there was just a ton of salt chillin on his arms. 
(I calculated to see about how many calories Garrett burned...
He burned over 1,528 calories from this run)


Menolly and Garrett run almost the entire way together. 
Menolly was sweet enough to take a picture of Garrett running mid way through. 
The scenery, they said was gorgeous.

I am so proud of this man. After he was all done with the race, I was so proud of him that it made me emotional. He accomplished something huge. I actually was very scared that he would get sick or hurt something especially since he hadn't run for like 4 weeks before this and the most he had run was about 9 miles. I just couldn't believe how well he did. He just is so naturally athletic. I would have been dead in the first couple miles, especially if I didn't train. I just am so proud of him for sticking with it. I can't even express how proud I am of my husband. 
I can only imagine him running this after training, that would shave off about 20 minutes I'm sure!

Menolly, Megan, Me, Garrett and Steven after our races.
Steven and Menolly also ran the half marathon, Megan ran the 10k and I pretty much walked the 5k...I feel stupid for walking but I was 32 weeks and 2 days pregnant that day and felt good for at least doing that. Oh and I won a $20 teton running water bottle...I was very excited about that! :)

Garrett and I after our races


This was Garrett, Steven and Colt's first half marathon.
Good job boys!

After the run, it was pirate time for the reunion. First Garrett and I went home to shower, shave and shine. Also to pack up for the night because everyone was sleeping over at Nana and Papa Nield's place in tents. Here's a glimpse of what Garrett and I looked like. Annie, Meta and Lacey have more pictures with every couple and with all the kids.

The cutest pirate I ever did saw :) Arrrg


Annie gave us all names.
Garrett's pirate name was "Gangrenous Barney Bellamy"


I was named "Mini Mary Fargloom"


And Baby Boy was named "Baby Boy Bad Rum"
I must say, he too is quite a cute little  Pirate (just like his daddy)





No comments:

Post a Comment