Monday, July 23, 2012

Gender Reveal!

Back when Garrett and I were in 1st/2nd trimester, we had been sooo anxious to find out the gender of our baby. We both felt strongly that our baby is a boy, we were even calling him a him, but we still wanted the fact so we can tell people. People have told me that we think its a boy because that's what we want. I disagree. I would be more than excited to have a boy or girl. I don't feel like Garrett and I have been talking outside of our necks for no reason. It feels as if a sweet spirit has given us a glimpse. Its more spiritual if anything. I believe it is something Garrett and I didn't have to know but just knowing brought Garrett and I closer together. I guess it was something that Garrett and I needed for our spiritual growth.
Since Garrett and I are in school during Winter/Spring track, we decided to drive down to Medford during our break in April. At this point I was about 17 weeks. We both wanted to bring the news of the baby's gender to the parents at this time....so Garrett and I went into our doctor's appointment and decided to find out the gender early. To do this there is a $50 fee but Garrett and I thought it would be worth it to surprise my family with. 

IT'S A BOY!!!

I asked the Doctor Barton if he would check, since the ultrasound technician wasn't in. He agreed to it but told me to wait a second. He then walked over to me and looked into my eyes then told me it was a boy. We then we walked into to check the baby out and within 5 seconds he looks over at Garrett and I and said, "What did I tell ya"....Dr. Barton got a perfect shot of Baby Boy. Dr. Barton then asked us if we knew how he knew. Garrett and I all excited asked how. Then Dr. Barton whispered..."He has a penis". Hahaha Garrett and I laughed for forever, we thought the doctor was going to tell us all the medical/scientific terms so that caught us off guard. Then for the rest of the time the Dr. was looking at baby he kept saying things like...."Yup there's his peener"...."weener"...."penis".
So yes...We are Having a Boy!!
We love him so much already! :)
P.s. that picture above is the way we told everyone that we are having a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment