Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oregon Baby Shower

After school ended I was lucky enough to fly back to Oregon for my Baby Shower. Being 33 weeks along on the plane was not a happy experience for me. Ever since I've had micro tears on my brain (from all those concussions from soccer and basketball) I just cannot handle planes as well. I usually take Dramamine before hand but being pregnant I went without. I was one nauseous girl! BUT it was all worth it. I've missed my Oregon and my family so much and the baby shower was perfect!
Char, Mom, Erica and Anna put so much effort into it. I am so lucky to have such wonderful sisters and the best mom ever. 
The Shower was on July 28th, 2012 at 1pm 

Charity made thee cutest motorcycle out of diapers, receiving blankets, bibs, mittens, and a bottle (filled with starbursts).  

Another view of the motorcycle
Handsome Baby Michael riding on his cousins motorcycle. I love that Michael and our Baby Boy are only going to be 6 months apart. I cannot wait for them to meet again and grow up together.


Char and I preparing some baby shower things that night before the shower. We were also watching the Olympics Opening Ceremonies. (So fun to be home and also get to watch the Olympics, especially since Garrett and I don't get t.v.)

Workin' hard or hardly workin'...
Here I am in my favorite chair in the house, getting my feet up (from all the traveling and being up and down they got swollen, they were more swollen then, then they are now at 39 weeks. Very odd I know)
Here's the banner Erica made me for the shower. So sweet of her and of course it is very adorable

Putting up the very cute "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" banner

(Please refrain your eyes from my nasty looking arm and ooh and aww at the wonderful cake!)
Anna made me and Baby Boy this cake for the shower. It looks so professional! 
Sincerely was the cutest cake ever 


And look at those little shoes!

Of course we had to get the fondant shoes pictured with the belly :)

Us girls minus Erica. Sadly she couldn't make it out but she was there with us in spirit!

Again us girls

Charity with the awkward pregnancy picture


Such a cute back drop that Charity made.

This girl has such a tender spot in my heart. From the day she was born we have had a special connection. It's sad not living near her and watch her grow up. It breaks my heart.

I love this girl so much! 

Charity had another wonderful idea. She had the guests write messages on little diapers. It is going to make changing diapers so much more fun for me!


Here's the banner again :)


Me waiting for the shower to begin

Cute decoration idea. My favorite is the far right one (I love anything that mentions Mommy-I can't believe I'm finally going to be a Mommy. I love and miss my Sweet Baby Boy)

The food laid out perfectly 

My Mama gave Baby Boy the best present. She crotcheted this beautiful blanket. She made one for Ali and for Michael but I never expected her to make one for Baby Boy because her hands are so bad. It immediately brought tears to my eyes, this is such a sacrifice, such a heartfelt gift. My daddy told me that there were nights where mom would just be crying because her hands hurt her so bad. Arthritis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, etc are nothing on this women. She endures through the toughest obstacles. She reminds me a lot of Emma, they both have endured through so many things that would ware down any other woman. My mom is a trooper and never complains. She loves her children and grandchildren so much, she is the perfect mom and grandma.  

Garrett and I were blessed with many things for our lil' man. 
In the middle of opening the gifts

Matt and Ali stole my phone and took this cute picture :)

Ali feeding her Baby Brother. Practicing on being a mama :)

Ali being such a big helper girl by helping auntie organize and pack the gifts up

While I was in Oregon, Daddy and I made sure to go on a Daddy Daughter Date. We ate at Panda Express and went to Walmart, Fred Meyer and Sportsman Warehouse. We talked and talked about everything. I miss having one on one times with my Dad. He is such a wonderful man, that will forever be my first love. 
(At Sportsman Warehouse Dad bought Garrett a knife and gave the surprise gift to Garrett when they came back to Idaho for my cousins wedding. Garrett loves that thing and sincerely takes it everywhere with him! He even took it with him to his Bishopric meetings! Haha silly boy :)  )



No comments:

Post a Comment