Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy 1 year Anniversary Sweetheart!

My Sweet Husband and I have now been married over a year! Since our anniversary was on a Monday (August 27th, 2012)  we decided to celebrate the Saturday before. Unfortunately we were both sick but that didn't rain on our parade.

On Friday morning I was surprised to find this on the kitchen table. I have been craving pumpkin chocolate chip bread...ohhh and this quenched my craving wonderfully! How thoughtful my husband is. (He must have discovered that satisfying a pregnant girls cravings gives him major brownie points)  Even without this though, I really do have the best guy for me. He treats me like I'm the only girl in the world. I love him so dearly. Knowing that I get to be with him for all time and eternity makes me the happiest girl ever!

Me at 37 weeks pregnant surrounded by little presents from my love. Each had something written on it, it was a very cute idea. What I loved the most was what was written in that card. My man is so good with his words, and they were so tender and loving that it immediately brought tears to my eyes.  At this time Garrett opened his first gift. I made a calender from paint samples (pinterest idea). Also for our anniversary Garrett was so sweet and treated me to  a professional 1 hour massage from a lady that specializes in pregnant message. My back has been hurting so that was amazing to get a massage.
He didn't give me the of the massage until we were at dinner. We went to Olive Garden (which was delicious, I have been also craving their house salads). He had the waitress put an envelope on the table. Garrett tricked me saying that someone must have left it and that we should open it but he said he didn't want to get into trouble so maybe I should open it. Being a rebel I did (because I sincerely thought someone had left it because I sat at the table before Garrett did). Then lo and behold I opened it to find the massage card. What a wonderful surprise!

Before we went to Olive Garden, Garrett surprised me by taking us to the Idaho Falls zoo. (I didn't even know there was one) I was so excited! Curse these pregnancy hormones because it converted my emotion of excitement to tears. Here's Garrett with the lion in the background :)

My handsome husband with the camels in the background

Garrett being silly :)

Me trying to be silly and just ended up looking retarded haha

My favorite part of the zoo was seeing all the monkeys especially this little guy. I swear he loved Garrett and I. We came over to his area twice and each time he came down and sat right by us. He is so cute! I want him! 

The lighting is bad but our friend was cute dangling there. 

He kept sucking on his thumb.

Makes me sad that he stays cooped up in a cage. 

Garrett staring at thee biggest tortoise! 
Us at the zoo, so fun. Love this boy!
Of course we had to have a kissing picture on our "Anniversary Celebration Day" :)


Us when we were eating our dinner at Olive Garden--shortly after being at the zoo
Then yes of course we had to go get dessert...so we may or may not of bought an entire cheesecake...no worries we didn't eat it all in one night

Garrett eating his yummy food 

Then we got back home (with our cheesecake) and Garrett opened his real gift that I made him. This is him opening it up

Still opening it...I wrapped it realllly good

It is the sheet music to a song that is very dear to Garrett and I. It is "Make you feel my love" by Adele. When we were dating Garrett told me that this song is exactly how he felt about me....even with me being indecisive and torn he told me was always going to still be there during the ups and downs, waiting, making me feel his love. 
This gift was difficult! I just had rotten luck. I bought the sheet music online (it only lets you print off one copy) which was like $5.00, once I printed it off, I realized that the words weren't on it! So I paid like $6.00 more for it with words. Then I cut out each music line out and then pasted it back together to make it look like it does. Then I took it to be printed off. Then to make it look rustic I put black tea on the sheet of paper (with crinkled newspaper underneath it to make it the sheet music somewhat wrinkled) by using the tea bag as a brush. Once it dried I realized that I pasted the lines on in a way that you cannot read the music! My pregnancy brain has been horrible, oh man was I mad. So then I redid all of that to make it perfect. In the end it was worth all the hard work. 

Garrett and I had such a fun day on Saturday. Then on our actual anniversary, after Garret got off work we relaxed, had more of our cheesecake, rented/watched Hunger Games and spent the night cuddling/talking/enjoying each others presence.

 I couldn't of asked for a better husband, each day is such a blessing. I couldn't make it through this life without such a strong, hard working man by my side. A couple of Sundays ago I couldn't stop staring at my beloved husband (because he sits on the stand each week because he's the first counselor in the Bishopric) I always stare at him every week, I can't keep my eyes off him because he's so handsome but this particular week I just got so emotional. I was reminded of our wedding day. Kneeling across the alter from him. The thoughts and feelings flooded back to me. I know that I made the right choice, marrying Garrett was the best decision I ever made. When we were dating, letting him be sweet to me was the best thing I ever allowed him to do, for it made me realize how much of an amazing man he is. He makes me feel like I'm important and he makes me a better person. If I had to choose again I would choose him over and over and over again.  I love him with all my being and knowing that I am having our baby boy makes me love him so much more. I want our boy to be just like his daddy.

Happy 1 year anniversary husband! It makes me giddy knowing we have approximately 9678076436790006432467990054399689900043322145677889999554356788579+ years together...that equals an eternity... :) I couldn't have been blessed with a better person to share my time with. I am the luckiest girl. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment